“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15
There is no greater gift than the gift of “eternal life!”
We were blessed with lots of help at our thrift store September 24th. Augusta University held their annual “Day of Service” and sixteen of their students, staff, and faculty members volunteered their services at Making Ends Meet Bargain Center. Vicky Medlock was our contact person and coordinator. Thank you, Augusta University and Vicky!
Also, Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church held a work party September 24th and six of their members assisted us at our store. Cheryl Wilson was their spokesperson. Thank you, members of Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church and Cheryl!
Making Ends Meet Bargain Center opened for business November 28, 2008, with 1,000 sq. ft. of showroom space. We now occupy 6,000 sq. ft. In addition to generating income to sustain our shelter, it serves as a resource center for low-income families. We have given clothes and household items to many needy families. Join us for our “8th Anniversary Celebration and Sale” Friday, November 25th. Bar-b-que sandwich combos will be available from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Tickets are $5.00 and may be purchased at Making Ends Meet Bargain Center, from any board member, or at the door. Join us for fun, fellowship, and lots of incredible bargains!
The cookbook that we published - “Recipes from the Heart” - is still available. It contains 400 delicious recipes submitted by friends and family, is a loose-leaf binder, and is a wonderful Christmas gift. The price is $15.00 and may be purchased at our thrift store.
Board members, volunteers, and staff are invited to our annual Christmas Party at Harbor Inn
Restaurant, 3404 Wrightsboro Road. The date is Thursday, December 1st and the time is 7:00 P.M. Please RSVP no later than November 18th – 706-836-2781.
- “Today 1 in 4 children under the age of 18 – a total of about 17.4 million – are being raised without a father,” U.S. Census Bureau – Table C2
- “Single mothers are more likely to be poor than married couples. The poverty rate for single-mother families in 2013 was 39.6%, nearly five times more than the rate (7.6) for married-couple families.” National Women’s Law Center, Poverty & Income Among Women & Families, 2000-2013
Thanksgiving and Christmas blessings and best wishes to you and your family!
PIZZA HUT FUNDRAISER: TAKE THE FAMILY OUT FOR PIZZA
- August 6th - September 3rd - October 1st
- Julie’s House receives 20% of your purchase at all Augusta, Aiken, and surrounding area NPC owned Pizza Hut Restaurants when you present THIS FLYER/VOUCHER.
8TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION & SALE
- “Black Friday”– November 25, 2016 – 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Bar-B-Que Sandwich Combo - $5.00 – Served 11:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
MAKING ENDS MEET BARGAIN CENTER
- La Petite Plaza – Suites 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, & 1F
- Off of Washington Road between CSRA Camperland and Bojangle’s